Friday, September 2, 2011

Lunar Cycles and the Dow

In honor of Friday before a long weekend, here's some off beat analysis to provide food for thought.  The chart below shows the cyclicality of market returns with respect to Lunar cycles.  I believe that lunar cycle theorists (we shall refer to them lovingly here as "lunatics") advocate buying full moons and selling new moons.  The chart below doesn't seem to support that strategy too well.  In fact, it kind of supports the opposite idea.


Those interested in further analysis can find a moon calendar here.  Looks like the next full moon is September 11 and the next new moon is on the 27th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For compliance reasons, I don't post comments to the site, but I do like hearing from readers and am happy to answer any questions. Feel free to use the comment box to get in touch. Please leave an email address in your comment so that I can write back, or email me directly at Skrisiloff@avondaleam.com.